Communicate with Parents Digitally
· Think about using the site Remind to notify parents via text or email for classroom updates.
· Create a classroom Facebook page or Twitter feed for your class.
· Create engaging newsletters using sites like Smore or Canva.
· Add QR Codes to your newsletters with links to class website, blog, or videos used in class.
· Several sites/tools are out there to help with management. Class Dojo, Class Craft, Class Badges and The Great Behavior Game are sites that allow you to “gamify” your classroom.
*Please remember that if you use one of these sites to NEVER include both first and last names of your students. That would be in violation of Internet Privacy Laws.
( Ex. Use John S., not John Smith..)
Meet the Teacher Presentations:
· Check out the Presentations with Pizazz page for other options besides Powerpoint.
· Incorporate QR Codes into your Contact Info cards for Parents.
· Create a Voki or ChatterPix of yourself to kick off your presentation.
Again, just ideas! If you decide to try some of them please share and let me know!