- Screen Snap/Screen Capture: Hold down the HOME button and the ON/OFF/POWER button at the same time and a picture will be "snapped" and added to the camera roll under Photos (the app)
- Keyboard Basics:
- Hold down the "PERIOD" on the keyboard when entering a URL address to access .com, .org, .edu, .us, .net and others with the period key (this also works with the "N" key to access the accent mark above the N) Try it with a number of keys (S) to reveal what is available when tapping and holding on other keys on the keyboard
- Add additional language keyboards such as Greek, Symbol, Emoji under the SETTINGS app-->General Tab-->Keyboard-->Add Keyboard. This will add a "world key" to the keyboard next to the space bar (see at right) where you can access different language keyboards quickly.
- Efficient Searching: From the Home Screen (not in an app) Touch the glass on the iPad and swipe down to reveal the search bubble where you can type in the name of the app or item you are looking for
- Copy/Paste: Double Tap a word to select it and when the "blue bubbles" appear, drag them to select the passage you want to copy and tap COPY from the pop-up, navigate to the location where you want to past the information and then double tap the location and select PASTE from the pop-up.
- Saving Pics: In Safari, navigate to a picture you want to copy, Touch and Hold (sometimes you have to tap and hold) and a prompt window will pop-up where you can select "SAVE IMAGE or COPY"
- Folders/Moving Apps/Doc:
This picture shows a folder containing nine apps that have been added.
- Apps can be moved around on the screen by touching and holding on the app (it will start to jiggle/shake)
- To put apps into folders, tap and hold on the app until it starts to jiggle/shake and then drag it on top of another app to form a folder (you can name the folder by tapping the name)
- To take apps out of a folder, tap and hold on the folder/app until it jiggles/shakes and then drag it out of the folder. Once all apps are removed the folder will disappear
- Efficient Moving of Apps: Once you have a folder created with at least two apps, move the folder to your dock (you have to make the apps jiggle/shake to move them) and then drag apps to the folder in the dock. Some teachers have folders for each subject area in the dock to make it easier for students to find their math, science, language arts, social studies apps.
- Notes App: The notes app can be used to take notes, copy and paste information from a web browser, etc. and then can be shared (e-mailed, messaged, copied & printed--if you have access to a wireless printer)
- Contacts/Mail: if email is active on the iPad, add your name & picture in contacts under your last name or the name “Teacher” and have students e-mail you their work (some set up a gmail account for student work)